Employment Specialists - London and area
Are you a dynamic, energetic and creative individual who aspires to have a fulfilling career?
Join the Growing LEADS Team!
Requirements – you must have:
- An undergraduate degree, graduate degree or Community College diploma in Business/Social Services /Human Services/Education or relevant field of study and a minimum of three years’ experience in a related Business/Social Services /Human Services/Education or relevant sector.
- Flexibility to work hours to accommodate clients’ needs which may result in overtime.
- Reliable transportation to provide services in London and surrounding county areas.
- Bilingual in French or other languages would be an asset
- A current satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check and First Aid and CPR certification; or be willing to obtain certification.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide proof of two doses COVID-19 vaccination or documentation for medical exemption or reason related to protected grounds under the Human Rights Code as per Provincial Health Care regulations
LEADS offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Salary ranges from $42,000 to $48,000 annually and supplementary Health and Dental benefits with completion of six months’ service.
If you enjoy Working Conditions that include:
- A diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment and culture;
- A flexible hybrid model of supporting clients, achieving results and your work life balance;
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities;
- Influencing others and team work;
- Interacting with individuals, family members, staff, visitors and government agencies;
- Travelling to provide services in clients’ and employers’ work locations;
- Accountability driven with high level of documentation and data tracking;
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients;
Full time (35 hours per week) positions available in London and area.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter telling us what interests you about the role of Employment Specialist and resume to: hiring.committee [at] leadsservices.com (subject: Employment%20Specialist) stating “Employment Specialist” in the subject line.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Always on the cutting edge and innovative in serving our communities, LEADS Employment Services provides specialized employment and skills development services for people with visible and non-visible disabilities and / or barriers in Southwestern Ontario.
Our primary goal is to meaningfully engage employers and people with disabilities and / or barriers to create an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce. Leads has placed over 20,000 individuals in employment since its inception in 1986.
The Employment Specialist case manages and assists individuals with disabilities in developing and enhancing skills to seek and retain employment; assess labour markets; outreach to employers to promote employment opportunities, outreach to job seekers and the community to build trusting relationships and partnerships; provide support on and/or off job site to improve job retention; support employers in providing accommodations or clients’ work related issues; maintain communication with employers, clients, advocates and community; complete required and legislated documentation. This is the perfect position for someone with Social Services, Business, Human Services or an Educational background.
LEADS Employment Services is dedicated to recruiting and retaining an inclusive, diverse, qualified workforce. LEADS is committed to hiring practices that are fair, equitable and endeavour to provide accommodations in the recruitment and interview process upon request. If you are selected for an interview, please notify the hiring committee to your requirement for accommodation.